What Makes Good Web Design?
It’s a good question with an answer you need to know. As you search for web design you should stop for a moment and ready through this article. I’ve been in the website design business for over 15 years and during that time many things have changed. I’m talking about changes that include web design pricing, advances in technology and everything in between. So today, if you’re looking for tips on web design Kilkenny businesses need to incorporate into their websites, then you’re in luck.
- Good Usability – What is usability? It is the process by which visitors utilize your website. This means your web design should include practices that are accepted as good standards for visitor interaction. Simple things like making sure your logo is in the top left of your site, the phone number in the top right, and that you have your main messages above the page break of the site. These are just a few of the items for usability you need to include.
- Call to Action – This is kind of a no brainer but it’s amazing how many people (and even web designers) forget to incorporate a call to action into their web pages. If you’re selling something or offering a service you’d better include a call to action. Simple phrases like “Start Here”, “Click Here for Whatever”, “Next” are all calls to action. Don’t forget them!
- Audience Content Targeting – This means speaking the language of the visitors you expect to have to your website. This can include anything from making sure you’re not speaking “industry slang” to your consumer or even “techno babble” to someone looking to purchase shoes. Make sure you’re addressing the right crowd with the right language.
- Offer Something Unique – You have to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Take us for example. We sell web design Chula Vista businesses should buy, and need to differentiate our service offering from everyone else out there. We differentiate ourselves by offering particular services included in our website design (like video production) than other companies do. That’s unique. Most don’t and won’t do it.
- Try to Close the Sale – Don’t let the opportunity of having a visitor to your website easily slip away. Create incentives for consumers to choose your service.
This is, by the way, one of the main differences between the web design service we do for Kilkenny businesses and others. We think about capturing the sale or lead for every client we work with. Just ask Barry Evans of So-Cal Business Brokers. He’s a client who came to us for a website and advertising. He didn’t initially follow our advice and and struggled to make sales. Finally after seeing his methods weren’t working he listed to us and is now receiving tons of leads for his business.
So think about the things that make good web design. It’s more important than just having a nice picture or pretty site.